Most vehicle owners are aware of tyre pressure. If not, it is what the name suggests- the amount of air in the tyres. Tyre pressures are in PSI (pounds per square inch) units.
Though it seems like an insignificant detail, it would be your biggest blunder to neglect its importance. Tyre pressure is responsible for the proper balancing of the wheels of your car or another automobile. So checking it from time to time is very important.
At Mr Tyres Andover, we use a superior quality tyre pressure gauge to get 100% accurate readings while keeping our client’s driving safety in mind.
So, if you are looking for a tyre pressure check Andover, Hampshire, get in touch with our professionals today! You do not need any prior appointments for this. Call us on 01264 339187 or visit our workstation at Unit 5 Tower Gate Industrial Park, Andover, SP10 3BB.
Reasons for tyre pressure reduction
There are several reasons for tyre pressure reduction. Some common factors are:
- Damaged valves
- Leaks due to damage to the rim
- Cuts and punctures to the tyre
- Improper assembling of the tyres, valves, etc.
- Quality of the material of a tyre (as it determines the natural penetration)
- Influence of the temperature of the tyre as well as the atmosphere
Why opt for a tyre pressure check?
The ideal tyre pressure level ranges between 30 and 35 psi for car tyres. Several issues can occur if the inflation level in the tyres is above or below this level. These include:
- Underinflated tyres increase tread wear on the centre and sides
- Higher risk of a tyre blowout
- Smaller tyre road contact area compromises car handling stability
- Under-inflated tyres hinder the cornering precision of a vehicle
- Results in poor braking efficiency
However, keeping tyre pressure under check will lead you to relish the following benefits:
- Maintaining proper tyre pressure is economical. Fuel efficiency is the most with optimum tyre pressure.
- The longevity of the tyre depends a lot on tyre pressure maintenance.
- Optimum tyre pressure also helps save our environment from unnecessary pollution by reducing fuel consumption.
Why choose us?
We follow a series of defined steps to conduct tyre pressure check Andover, Hampshire with utmost precision.
STEP 1: Our experts cautiously rest the tyre pressure gauge onto the tyre-valve stem evenly to ensure accurate reading of the pressure level.
STEP 2: We use the reading to conclude if the tyre is over or underinflated.
STEP 3: Our experts use a suitable pump to reinflate under-inflated tyres. They pump in small quantities of air, avoiding possible over-inflation.
STEP 4: If the tyre is over-inflated, they push the metal pin on the valve stem to release the excess air.
We follow these steps to check the pressure of all four tyres so you can put an end to your search for ‘free tyre pressure checks near me’!
Connect with us today!