Search Tyres by Vehicle Registration
Are you looking for Winter Tyres for your vehicle?
Winters are the time when your car tyres need transitioning from the summer ones, and the process might often get taxing for most car owners. This shift is crucial to ascertain the best vehicle performance while safeguarding from harsh winters.
Professionals at Mr Tyres Andover are at your service for every tyre change need. We work towards assuring you a smooth and safe ride, and guaranteeing your tyre's traction is our number one priority!
Call us today on 01264 339187, and we will get working on fulfilling your winter tyres Andover, Hampshire needs.
Why are winter tyres so critical?
Winter tyres have higher natural rubber content, giving them a softer structure. While summer tyres harden before the temperature reaches seven degrees Celsius, these tyres stay soft in temperatures far below that. The different tread patterns with wider grooves and narrow slits at the edge of the tread area give the winter tyres an advantage over the season conditions.
Not using winter tyres in temperatures below seven degrees Celsius will lead you to face a few or all of the following problems:
- Poor acceleration
- Low rolling resistance, meaning much longer brake distances
- Loss of traction
- Poor grip
- Risk of damage due to cracking when the cold weather causes the tyre tread to stiffen and even lose its elasticity
- Minimum manoeuvrability and high chances of slip or spin at the slightest displacement of the steering wheel
Precautions with changing winter tyres
Before you get tyres changed for the season, here are a few things you must take into consideration:
- Never mix your tyres. Do not change just the rear or the front tyres to winter ones. It will create varying levels of grip, making the car harder to dive.
- You need a set of steel wheels to mount to the winter tyres rather than the standard alloy wheels that a car usually has installed.
- You can rent winter tyres, but buying your own set proves cheaper in the long run.
- Change your tyres as soon as you begin to see your breath in the mornings or when the weather starts to stay consistently under seven degrees Celsius.
Our winter bestsellers!
- Michelin Alpin 6
- Goodyear UltraGrip Performance Gen-1
- Bridgestone Blizzak LM005
- Pirelli Winter Sottozero 3
- Dunlop Winter Maxx
It is just a glimpse of our wide-ranging collection of winter tyres Andover, Hampshire. Visit us at Unit 5 Tower Gate Industrial Park, Andover, SP10 3BB to explore your best option!